Thursday, June 2, 2011

A New Addition to the Family!

No, not THAT. Really. That's not happening in the next 9 months. I promise. But here is a picture of the new addition to our family today with it's Daddy!



I must've been pretty crazy to let him buy another Suburban but he's been bugging me like crazy lately to get a Blazer so when we found this one across the main street from us for just a few hundred bucks I said sure. His reasoning was that he can drive it around while he takes his other one completely apart to restore it. So we'll see what happens to it after that period is over. It doesn't run yet but it's diagnosis is a bad wiring harness so once we get that fixed, which will cost between $50 and $300, it'll be good to go. It's a 1975, so a year older than our '76 but the body is really pretty good on it and everything else looks rather nice. And it's painted exactly the way Abram likes! For your pleasure, here are some more pictures:








Since it doesn't run we got to tow it the roughly one mile to our house. We towed it using the '76 Suburban. Abram drove and Ciara and I sat in the '75 to sit on the brake and steer. It was a little rough getting started but after the first couple turns I figured out how to do it and we made it home without incident. Two of my younger brothers then helped Abram push it into the driveway, again with me in the driver's seat. It was a fun experience. :) Haha. So now it gets to sit in the driveway for three weeks while Abram is at training before we transfer the title and register it. Oh, and get it running. We're going to see what a mechanic in our ward who lives three doors down can do for us. So that is the story of our new baby, Baby Blue!

On another note, I've been working on finding a teaching job for the school year. I had one interview last week for a job that turned out to be for a dance teacher! But I have another one tomorrow for an orchestra/choir teacher at a 7-12 school in Gilbert and another on Monday for a part-time job teaching orchestra at a junior high in Mesa. Hopefully the right job will come some time soon!

2 comments:

  1. i can't believe you let him get another one!!! that's like the time i momentarily lost sanity and let tyler buy a playstation 2...or when joann let ben get more singamajigs...

    i just like how it's got a club on it...really...no one's going to steal it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 is a lot! But it'll keep him busy. The orchestra/choir teacher job in Gilbert sounds like we may know the person you'd be replacing. I'll have to ask you about that tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete