Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Break Fun

I can't believe it's almost Friday already! A couple days ago I was thinking that I had tons of Spring Break left and now I realize it's almost over and I still have a ton to do.

Abram and I both couldn't help but think that today was his original graduation date so he could've been home today or tomorrow. But we'll live with another 6 days from now (almost 5!). Instead this morning he took off for his 3-day Field Training Exercise so I won't hear from him until Sunday some time. He finished learning how to use all the vehicles yesterday using the road grader and the scraper in the last two weeks. He still has very much enjoyed the training part but has grown continually more and more frustrated with living arrangements including barracks and people. Last week he had his 23rd birthday and for a present his platoon had to move, which they were all frustrated with. Their sergeant was so displeased that he told them he wouldn't inspect their stuff anymore and they could just throw things into their wall lockers since they would be leaving in 2 weeks. A group of soldiers he lovingly calls "the retards" have really been getting on his nerves so he will be glad to be rid of them. Though he said one of them is from the Valley and will be flying home with him. But his battle buddy, who he knew before going to training and has become really good friends with the last 2 months, is also from here and will be with him, too. So that's what's been going on with Abram.

I have been on Spring Break this week and have spent it working at theater camp. I love it so much it hardly feels like work, though! We have a few hours tomorrow to put the finishing touches on our showcase and perform it for the parents the last hour of camp. They have been a really well-behaved group of kids this year and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I have had a few hours of extended care either before or after camp hours (it's basically babysitting while the kids watch movies and stuff) so I have used that time to study for my exams this Saturday. This is my one and only chance to take and pass my teacher certification exams before I graduate. If I don't pass one or both of them, I can't retake them until the fall which means I can't teach in the fall! So wish me luck, pray for me, and I'll let everyone know how I did as soon as I know.

And that's what's been going on with the Joslins. This set of Joslins anyway. I will keep everyone updated about the reunion next week, which will happen on Wednesday night at 7:19pm!

1 comment:

  1. Spring Break always flies by! We love you. And Jesus does too.

    ReplyDelete