There's hasn't been too much to write about the last three weeks. I've kept up with my student teaching and he's been busy with his training. We are getting more and more anxious to finally get to be together for more than six months in exactly 39 days and more than 3 months together as a married couple! When we are both busy with our respective duties we are fine but when we're not, all we can do is be anxious.
But the good news is that we do get to talk every day. He usually texts me a few times early in the morning (he's up at 4am, which is 3am in AZ) and lets me know when he's leaving for the course. That's about the time I get up to get ready for school. Then in the evening after we've both made it "home" we are able to text some more and then talk on the phone the last 30 minutes before he goes to bed. It is so nice to be able to talk to him every day. And on the weekends we get to talk all the time!
Speaking of Abram's training, he has been enjoying it a lot. The first week (weeks go from Wednesday to Tuesday) they just spent time in the classroom and had a couple tests. He got 100% on the first quiz and then 96% on the big exam. He was a little upset that he missed that one question because it was silly, of course. But I was still proud of him. :) After that first week they started on the dump truck, which he loved. They hurried up and finished it this last Monday, a day early, because they were expecting a snow day on Tuesday, which they did have. They had another one on Wednesday and finally got back to almost full training on Thursday. Now they are using the scoop loader. They trained on Saturday this weekend because they thought Monday might be a snow day so we will see what happens.
I have been able to teach a lot, especially this last week as the teacher was out sick. So it became my classroom (with a sub on the side, of course)for four days. It was so fun! I gave out lots of grades, changed 6th grade seating, handed out new music, and wrote bus passes. Oh yeah, and I taught 6 classes a day. I really got the full teaching experience (well, minus some of the extra clerical work) and I loved it! So I guess I'm in the right field. :)
So that's what's been going on with us lately. We are excited to know that February is a short month and Abram gets home in March. That makes it seem sooner.
At least you are both busy, for the most part, that will make the time go faster! I'm glad that you get to talk to each other every day. Tell him to email us once in a while! ;-)
ReplyDelete