The weekend I've been looking forward to for weeks is finally here! I officially finished up school early this week and my grades are very good so far! There's only one I think might be lower than an A but I'll have to wait and see. Maybe it'll be an A-. I spent the rest of the week since finishing my finals on Monday playing Pooh shows, cleaning house, running lots of errands, and spending some time with my sister. I also supervised junior high kids this morning at their school music assembly. I've been sure to keep myself busy so the time passes quickly as I get more and more antsy.
So what do I have planned for my last day before seeing my best girl friend and husband on Sunday? I have five gigs! Five! Well, sort of. I start off with a one-hour rehearsal with my cousin who is getting ready for a music competition in January. Then I go and do three Pooh shows. There's at least one Saturday each year where we do three shows in one day and tomorrow is this year's day. Haha. After that, I am headed to play a choir concert at a church not far from the theater, meeting my Mom for some dinner on the way. We're playing the concert together and she's coming from another show out a little further. By the time I get home in the evening I'll be ready to sleep the night away and see my husband in the morning!
Abram's experience at basic training has been good overall. He said he enjoyed it and still likes the Army, which was good news! He's all set to graduate when he returns in January, having qualified in everything he needs to. He was a little disappointed that I was doing all the holiday decorating without him but since I haven't gotten either of the Christmas trees up yet and Grandpa and I just decided this week to get some lights up outside and bought the hooks and lights today, Abram will get to help with almost all the decorating next week! We'll have to work fast to get it all done before Friday...
I will be sure to bring an update next week on how the glorious reunions were for your enjoyment but until then, enjoy the weekend. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment