My first Joslin Thanksgiving was wonderful! It was my in-laws' year to have as many of their children as possible over for Thanksgiving and most of us made it. We had three complete couples (two of Abram's brothers and his sister along with their spouses) and then two halves. I was just a half unfortunately this year, but next time we will both be there. :) It was a day filled with surprises and lots of fun.
I had planned to sleep in Thanksgiving morning but about 7:20am I woke up when I received a text message. Usually I don't wake up to them because all they do is vibrate, so I must've already been partially awake or something. Either way, I was happy I saw it right when it came because it was Abram! He had been given his phone for the entire day so that was a great way to wake up. He was very sad to missing all the festivities at home but knew that he needs to finish what he went there for and that he'll be here next time.
He is doing overall very well in training. He is passing everything or in the position to pass everything, which is great news, except for one area. Earlier this week he had shooting qualifications and didn't pass. He needed a score of 23 and only received a score of 20. But they made them test on a range they had never practiced on, it was extra windy, and he was one of a few that didn't get a second chance to try and with a drill sergeant coaching him. So it seems things were a little unfair...BUT! He has been told they will probably get another chance in a few days so let's hope all goes well! Or else he's stuck there a little longer...
I will be starting tech week with Winnie the Pooh tomorrow and the show opens next Friday! So this coming week will be very busy with that and the end of school. It is the last full week of classes! Only 23 days until I get to see my husband and my best girl friend! Life is feeling pretty good right now.
And now that I have been running Abram's Suburban for 15 minutes (I try to take care of his stuff for him!) as I've been typing this, I will call this good and return later with more news. When there's something worth writing about. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment