I have never been a big Halloween lover. Ever. When I was a kid I played along and would decide what to dress up as a few weeks in advance but as I moved into my teenage years my imagination diminished. I guess I didn't like dressing up or something. Seems funny for an actor to say.... But one thing I love about Halloween is that it is the start of the holiday season. I love the sights, smells, and sounds of the last two months of the year but the thing I love the most is the way people are with each other. People seem happier, kinder, and more loving.
For almost three years I have looked forward to my first holiday season with Abram. Our first two were spent thousands of miles apart. While it was fun to exchange loving gifts across seas and talk on the phone for a few minutes on Christmas morning (I still can't thank my in-laws enough for that one!), it wasn't as fulfilling as being physically together. So I was looking forward to the 2010 holiday season when we could finally be together. But I decided several months ago that I would give him up for one more season. :) But at least this year he will be home for Christmas Day. And he's only a few hundred miles away this time. And we get to talk about once a week so really, this year is still a lot better than the two years before. :)
Speaking of Abram, he called today. We had almost a full 30 minutes to talk this afternoon. He is doing well. He had his first physical training diagnostic this week and he passed with no problem at all. It didn't really mean anything towards his graduation. It was just a practice for the real thing but it seems to put him on the right track. As usual, he gets hungry between meals, especially at night before bed time. At home he would usually get up and get ice cream about three hours after dinner when he would get hungry. But over there he's eating dinner at 5pm and then is up for another 4 1/2 hours and doesn't have access to food so that's when he gets hungry. But he said he is making it okay still.
I start rehearsing my Christmas show this week. It's my fourth year in a row doing it and I look forward to it every year. I love directing theater shows. Even though I just assist on this one, it is more fun than I need sometimes. It also helps the time to go by faster :) So welcome November!
You have got a great start to yours (and Abram's) blog! I suppose I should update mine!
ReplyDelete